Friday, April 24, 2015

Gluten Free Wild Berry Clafoutis

A friend from work recently delivered a precious baby boy so we made them dinner and as I stopped by our local French restaurant Artisan to pick up a baguette, Chef had just pulled out a stunning looking clafoutis for that night's dinner service. It smelled heavenly and was dotted with fresh strawberries and I've been thinking of it ever since.

So last night I spotted some frozen wild berries in my freezer and thought how about I try my hand at making a gluten free, low glycemic version of that decadent clafoutis from the bistro? It turned out to be pretty fabulous! So I thought I'd add it to my list of things to cook in the future. I've added some tweaks to make it paleo or dairy free as well.

INGREDIENTS
4 large organic eggs
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 cup gluten free flour or 1/4 cup coconut flour and 1/4 cup almond flour
1 cup milk (or cococnut milk or almond milk)
2 tablespoons melted butter (or coconut oil)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup berries
2 tbs cream cheese (For added richness)
Dash of sea salt

In a large bowl mix everything but the berries.

Pour in a cast iron skillet or baking dish, sprinkle with berries and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven about 40-50 minutes until just set.

It resembles a souffle on top and flan in the middle and is comforting, tasty and super easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments must be approved by the Beecave Kitchen before posting. Happy Cooking!