Monday, September 21, 2015

Gluten Free Pizza on the Big Green Egg

I purchased some flour from Thomas Keller's Cup4Cup line and finally tried it this past weekend and it blew me away!!!! I have tried almost every flour blend out there and usually I find myself pretending to enjoy the GF version, when in reality they are rather dense and have that strange grainy aftertaste. But not this blend. This blend was hands down the best I've tried, so I had to share.


INGREDIENTS
4 cups Cup4Cup Pizza flour
1 bottle gluten free beer
1 yeast packet
1 egg
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

Pour the beer into a microwave safe dish and heat until it reaches 105 degrees. add the yeats packet, stir and let it start working it's magic for about 10 minutes. Then in a mixer, add the remaining ingredients, pour in the beer and knead until the dough is smooth. Place it in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise a few hours. It can be ready to cook, or place it in the fridge a few days to really get the yeast working and enrich the flavor.

This crust requires a par cook. I preheated the Big Green Egg to 500 degrees, rolled out the dough and pinched the edges in to form a crust. I brushed the top and bottom with olive oil and placed it on the pizza stone in the grill for about 5 minutes. I used crushed San Marzano tomato, cheese, pepperoni, veggies and popped it back in the egg for about 7 minutes until the topping melted. This was truly outstanding and a wonderful way to wrap up a great weekend hanging out with friends poolside.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments must be approved by the Beecave Kitchen before posting. Happy Cooking!